Technology have transformed and revolutionized the world as well as our day-to-day lives. Today, computers have become more powerful, faster and even portable, and where multi-functional devices are innovated, such as the smartphone, making them an essential tool for many to carry out certain tasks.
One of these technologies that have made life easier, convenient and more fun are eBooks and eBook readers. An eBook is a digital version of a printed publication, such as books, magazines, newspapers, journals, and periodicals. An eBook reader is an electronic device that is specifically designed to access eBooks. Users are able to browse for eBooks, purchase, download, store and read them. While you can read eBooks on other electronic devices, such as a computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone, e-readers have features and capabilities that these other devices don’t which makes reading eBooks much better.
Reading Technology: Nook vs Kindle
As increasingly more people read eBooks, eBook and e-reader sales carry on to rise as well. This can mean that many are already into digital content and technology. When it comes to e-readers, there are plenty to choose from. However, only a number are proven to be the best. Among them are the Nook and Kindle. But, between Nook vs Kindle, which will serve you best?
To answer that, you will have to compare both in terms of numerous aspects such as screen size, display resolution, battery life, supported eBook formats, cost as well as other features. You could check out electronicbookreadingdevice.com/nook-vs-kindle/ as you can find a clear comparison between Nook vs Kindle, which you will definitely find very helpful.
- SCREEN. Most e-readers make use of the electronic paper, the best type of screen for extended reading times. Nook and Kindle has a screen size of six inches. If this isn’t large enough, the Kindle Oasis has a seven-inch screen, whereas the Nook GlowLight Plus has a 7.8-inch screen. These devices have a 300 DPI screen resolution.
- BATTERY LIFE. Unlike tablets and smartphones, e-readers have a longer battery life. On a single charge, the Nook and Kindle both have a battery life that could last up to six weeks. Hence, there is no need to be concerned about battery life.
- SUPPORTED FORMAT. eBooks come in different formats, like MOBI, PDF, EPUB, KFX, AZW3, and more. When choosing an e-reader, you need to check the format it supports for compatibility. The Nook series support eBooks in PDF and EPUB format. On the other hand, the Kindle series support KFX, AZW and MOBI format which are Amazon’s proprietary as well as support PDF, HTML, RFT, TXT, and DOC formats.
- COST. Price tag is a major aspect when it comes to making a decision. Both Nook and Kindle offer an array of e-reader models. The Nook ranges from $119.99 to $199.99. The Kindle starts from $79.99 to $249.99.
Technology to Incorporate in The Interior Design of Your Home
Technology has indeed had a great and significant impact on our lives, making a lot of things more convenient, easier and simpler for us. Today, technology is utilized for numerous purposes. This includes interior design wherein it offers a stylish look to your abode.
With a variety of new gadgets constantly being added in the market, you could stylishly and smartly design the interior of your home by yourself. You also don’t need to think hard about which technologies would provide both functionality and aesthetics. With that, here are some of the best functional and aesthetically pleasing technologies that you could incorporate in your interior design:
- LIGHTING TECHNOLOGIES. Lights has a significant and special role to play in your home. There are a lot of gadgets for lighting wherein you could adjust the brightness, color and intensity, which would not only provide the illumination that you need in your home, but also make your home interior incredibly wonderful.
- SMART SENSORS. Smart sensors, like the heat sensors or smoke sensors, could save lives in the event of an accident as when it goes off, it will immediately send a notice to your phone as well as contact emergency services. These smart sensors now come in different designs and shapes which would give your home a good look while ensuring the security and safety of your home and your family.
- SOUNDPROOFED BLINDS. If you reside in a place where it could get noisy, quality soundproofing blinds can help you get rid or at least significantly lessen the outside noise. As they also come in different shades, patterns and designs, these types of blinds would definitely add to the aesthetics of the interior of your home while blocking external noise.
- SMART TVs. Televisions have become a basic in a home. With the advancements done to them, most TVs can now be connected to the Wi-Fi. Known as Smart TV, you can now easily have access to movie streaming platforms you’re subscribed to as well as other over-the-top (OTT) media services or platforms. These TVs are designed to catch the eyes of people, making it the focus of attention. A great addition to making your interior design amazing.